Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Blackberry picking

Valerie and I took the kids blackberry picking.  I thought the kids would have fun but they just complained that they were hot and thirsty basically within 30 seconds of getting there.  We still left with a ton of blackberries.  McKinley got carsick on the way up there (about a 40 minute drive) and threw up all over herself.  We ended up stopping over at a Walmart so we could clean her and her carseat up.  I'm sure it was quite the sight to see us wheeling her in the store still buckled in her carseat with puke all over the place.  I took her to the bathroom to clean her while Valerie went and picked out a new outfit.  


Nathan and I were able to make two batches of blackberry jam.  I also made a blackberry pie and two batches of blackberry lemon curd!  


No comments:

Post a Comment