Friday, December 1, 2023

Universal Studios

 We stayed at one of the hotels on site.  It was a little expensive but honestly so worth it!  You get fast passes and they saved us so much time.  We were able to do most everything we wanted in just one day because we basically skipped the lines.  The only ride you can't use a fast pass for is the Hagrid ride so Nathan and the older 4 had to wait in line for quite a while.  They got a child swap ticket and Universal's child swap system is awesome!  I can't remember how many can go on a second time with a different adult but I want to say something like 7 additional guest (total of 8) per pass!  All I remember is it was a lot and it was awesome especially when you have a lot of kids like we do.  At Disney you can only bring one or two additional kids.  


Anyways, my four oldest got to ride the Hagrid ride twice and they loved it!  It was definitely my favorite ride!  Also, with the Hagrid ride you don't have to keep the whole company together like most other rides so KK, Eden, and I went and rode the Flight of the Hippogriff several times.  I don't think Eden was a fan of the ride but KK wanted to keep riding it over and over again! We lucked out the first 5 times we rode it because they just let KK ride by herself in front of Eden and me.  Technically if you are under a certain height you have to have an adult ride with you.  Well, there was only one of me and two of them...Once the workers changed the new lady wouldn't allow KK to ride by herself.  Luckily a group of 3 people offered one of them to ride with KK.  I honestly didn't think she would ride with them but she was totally cool with it.  That was the last time we rode it though and I think Eden was grateful for that!

I took the four oldest kids on Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey while Nathan took the two youngest to Dr. Suess land.  Afterwards we switched and kids and not even three minutes later Eden puked all over!  Not sure why she always saves it for me...I assumed she just had motion sickness but she puked a couple more times later that day so I think it must have been something else.  Poor girl!  She felt a lot better after she took a really long nap.






Oh my goodness!  I thought I would get a little wet on this ride but instead I got drenched!  It was horrible!

Mardi gras was happening while we were at Universal so we got tons of necklaces at the parade!











The worst part of any vacation is the amount of laundry afterwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment