Friday, December 1, 2023

Spring Break-Disney World

 Monday: EPCOT

We rented a wheel chair for Blakely since there was no way she could walk on her leg all day long!  It did give us a little bit of an advantage in some lines but definitely not most.  My favorite was when they didn't have wheel chair accessibility in the main line and would give us a return time.  We didn't have to wait in line (meaning I didn't have to hold any little ones) and the two youngest could just sit down somewhere and eat a snack until it was our turn to return. 



First time on the Ratatouille ride. It wasn't built when we lived in Florida.  It was a really fun ride.

Spaceship Earth
Before we got on the ride I told everyone that this is the perfect ride to just sit back and take a nap!  That is exactly what Eden did!  It probably didn't help that it felt 2 hours earlier and we got up early and took advantage of the early magic hours.  Honestly though I think the early magic hours was definitely worth it!






I was pleasantly surprised with EPCOT this time.  In the past it was always just meh! I think it helped that they added the Guardians of the Galaxy ride and the Ratatouille ride.

We didn't get the virtual queue in the morning for the Guardians ride so we went ahead and bought the lighting lane.  In the afternoon we ended up getting the virtual queue so everyone but Eden got to ride at least twice.  KK was ridiculous!  She went on with Nathan the first time and wasn't sure if she liked it but decided she wanted to go with me.  As soon as we were within spitting distance of the ride she starts bawling and says she doesn't want to go on the ride anymore!  Everyone probably thought I was a mean parent because I made her go on it.  I was a little annoyed because it was her idea to go on the ride in the first place!  I even asked her a couple times before we got in line if she was sure she wanted to go again and she reassured me that she wanted to go...She closed her eyes and cried the whole duration of the ride which made me feel a little bad that I made her go on it.  However, the funny thing is later that day we asked all the kids what their favorite ride at EPCOT was and guess what she said?  Yep, the Guardians of the Galaxy ride!?! hmmm...


Tuesday: Animal Kingdom

While the older kids went on the Mt. Everest ride the two youngest enjoyed the boat parade.  Again KK was ridiculous...She said she didn't want to go on the Mt. Everest ride so she stayed with me and Eden.  When it was my turn to go I asked her if she was sure she didn't want to go.  She reassured me that she didn't want to go so Blair and I went.  As soon as we got back she was in tears because she wanted to go and we left her!  I can't ever win with this child!










Nathan and the girls

Nathan and Blair

Boys





I'm so happy that we went on the Safari this time!  Last time we ran out of time because it took way too long to get on the Avatar ride.  This time we went straight to the Avatar ride for the magic hour and got through the line decently fast.

The weather was perfect so even though we didn't get on the Safari until around 11:30 most of the animals were out and about!






We left Animal Kingdom early and went back to the Hotel to eat lunch and relax.  I took the girls to the swimming pool while the boys stayed and watched TV.  Later the girls were exhausted and took a nap before dinner.

We went to the Story Book Dining for dinner.  Honestly I felt like this dining experience was better than the Be Our Guest restaurant which we went to the following day. 

Grumpy

Dopey

Evil Queen


Snow White

Wednesday: Magic Kingdom

We lucked out with the Tron ride.  They opened it for "test runs" a couple days before it was officially, officially open.  We were able to score virtual queue tickets!






Look how happy there were to be on the It's a Small World ride.

I let Dyer drive and if this is any indication of how he will drive in a couple years I'm definitely worried!  Haha!



















Poor KK. She started not feeling well shortly after we got seated.  At one time she excused herself to the bathroom because she thought she was going to puke.  Once she got back she crawled up in my lap and fell fast asleep.

Blakely painting her teeth black!

About 45 minutes later KK was up and feeling much better.  She missed dinner but didn't want to miss out on dessert!


Eden wanted me to hold her but my lap was already occupied.  I guess Easton was the next best thing!










We could have stayed longer at Magic Kingdom but most of us were pretty tired.  We timed the fireworks perfectly so we could watch them on our boat ride back to the Hotel.








Thursday: Hollywood Studios

As we were waiting for the bus I decided to go back into the Hotel to use the restroom since we had 10 minutes until the bus was scheduled to come.  Well, the bus came earlier than expected and I didn't have my phone on me so Nathan ran to come find me.  In the meantime the kids were supposed to get everything on the bus (wheel chair, stroller, all kids, backpacks, etc.)  I was on my way out when Nathan found me so we ran straight to the bus.  Well, halfway to the park we realized we left Nathan's backpack on the bench so I said I would keep Eden with me and we would go back and get it.  We got the backpack and headed back to the park.  About halfway there Eden got motion sickness and started puking.  She didn't give me much warning so I wasn't prepared with a bag...Instead I just caught it in my hand!  So gross!  Luckily it wasn't much so I was able to contain it fairly well.  Unfortunately because my hands were covered in puke I couldn't open the bag to get wipes to clean myself and Eden up.  Thankfully there was a nice lady with two little kids that pulled out some lysol wipes.  I think she was probably worried that Eden was contagious even though I reassured the family that she just gets motion sick.  Oh well!

We made it back just in time to get some pictures and a video of the rest of the family riding the slinky ride.






Mickey and Minnie's runaway railroad

I wasn't expecting a whole lot from this ride but surprisingly it was pretty fun!


All my pictures were blurry on this ride!


Dyer's always excited to get his picture taken!

We went to Oga's Cantina and I wasn't overly impressed.  It probably didn't help that they made us wait about 30 minutes after our reservation to get us seated...and it probably didn't help that we had 8 in our party and we asked for a booth instead of standing.  I wasn't sure how long it would take and I wasn't sure if Blakely could handle standing for a long time with a broken ankle.


It looked cool inside though.

We ordered every non alcoholic drink they had to share and also both snacks.  I thought we were waiting forever to get our food and drinks because of our snacks but in the end they never brought or charged us for the snacks and they forgot 1-2 drinks.  Wasn't super impressed with the service here.


I'm so glad we paid to ride because I would not have wanted to wait in line for almost 3 hours.  I think both Nathan and I were a little disappointed in this ride.  I think we both had super high expectations for it and it didn't quite live up to it.  It was still a neat ride don't get me wrong, but I think because we failed to get virtual queue tickets 3 days in a row when we went to Disneyland last time, that we built it up to be the most amazing thing ever!


Someone was tired and missed most of dinner!  We ended up going to the 50's prime time cafe.  I thought it would be fun to go there because I heard the waitresses yell at you for all kinds of things- especially if you don't finish your dinner!



No comments:

Post a Comment