Friday, December 29, 2023

May 2023

 

It's hard work eating Cheetos!

May the 4th be with you!
The Roses in our ward had a Star Wars cookbook that they let us borrow.  We decided to make a few recipes for Star Wars day.



Nathan's cousin got married on the 5th.  Here is Blakely holding baby BlakeLee.



Nathan and I worked hard putting a garden in this year.  We built the raised garden beds, hauled the soil from the front driveway to the backyard, put the trim around and dumped out tons of bags of bark.  It took a while but it looks pretty good if I say so myself!  Nathan's garden (aka Nathan's favorite child) did really well this year!

We also hired someone to put in an inground trampoline.  I don't think it was in yet when I took this picture but for some reason I don't think I ever did end up taking a picture.  The kids love it (especially Dyer) and use it almost daily.

We also bought outdoor furniture just in time for summer.  We haven't used it nearly as much as I thought we would but hopefully next summer we will use it more.

KK and Eden went with Nathan to pick out some plants.

Mother's day!
Made food for me!

Spa

KK made sure to make my day extra special.  She had the whole day planned out!  It was super cute!

Make food, nail polish, spa, arts and crafts, play games, party, dinner, clean, watch, pjs, brush teeth, go to bed, story.


Easton got inducted into National Honors Society.  He's in the shadows but it is really hard to see.






Beau is getting super shaggy!  I made an appointment for him to get his haircut but they said he was too anxious and made me reschedule a few days later.  I was super annoyed and skeptical that anything would change so I went out and bought clippers and attempted to do it myself.

Over the course of 2 days- total of 4 hours later...with Beau's hair covering me (Nathan helped 1 day) from head to toe and peanut butter all over my bathroom...this was the results!  Not terrible but not great either.  Definitely an improvement but also definitely my least favorite thing to do.  I need to figure out a way to get his butt area but he either sits down or has his tail between his legs which makes it nearly impossible to shave that area.

Good thing he's cute!


I convinced Blair to submit this scratch art to a local art show (Art and Soul of the Magic Valley).  Her piece was on display at the mall for about 3 weeks.  We were out of town for the first two weeks but I went on one of the last days to see it and hopefully vote but unfortunately there wasn't anywhere to vote (apparently it was all online).  I sent a picture of it to Blair (she was at FSY) and she was a tad annoyed that she only got a participation award!  Haha! I told her everyone got one and that no awards were given out yet!
  

KK's masterpiece she made at the library.

Nathan took Easton, Blair and Blakely to do some outside rock climbing.



We definitely need to get the whole family to do it next time.



We also bought a portable firepit for the backyard.









Finally out of her boot!




Such a goof.

We got some color changing things for the fire.  They worked okay but the pictures couldn't really capture it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment