Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Preschool pumpkin patch

McKinley and I joined Blakely's class to the pumpkin patch.  The pumpkin patch is actually in the overflow parking lot of Blakely's school.  This is one thing that I miss about California...is actually going to a farm for the pumpkin patch.

Blakely's class

planting sunflowers (I think)

McKinley

McKinley and Blakely

I had to laugh because Blakely was told that she would be bringing home a pumpkin.  She told her siblings that she would get the biggest pumpkin she could find and bring it home so they could carve it.  As soon as her teacher told her they were going to pick out their pumpkin Blakely went running to the biggest pumpkin she could find, picked it up, and lugged it over to me.  I should have got a picture or better yet a video of her trying to bring the pumpkin to me.  Little did she know they had a specific area where they could choose a pumpkin from.  The disappointment on her face when she saw the size of those pumpkins compared to the pumpkin she was lugging over to me was classic.  I felt bad for her but not bad enough to shell out over $30 for a pumpkin.  I don't think so!

No comments:

Post a Comment