Friday, May 6, 2022

First full day in Hawaii

 

My mom and I were able to do an endowment session in the Laie temple first thing in the morning


Nathan took the kids to the beach while we were at the temple.


Afterwards we all drove to see the Byodo temple


The kids were impressed with the size of the Koi




KK being KK...Blakely pretending to be a fish?

Family pic.
We should have used my phone.  For some reason I feel like the pictures on my camera come out clearer than Nathan's...


They all took turns ringing the bell for happiness and a long life.





















The Byodo temple took longer than we thought it would.  Plus things always seem to take longer with kids in tow...We got to the Polynesian Cultural Center later than we wanted so we didn't get to do nearly as much as we wanted to.  Luckily you can come back for 3 days so we ended up going back another day.





Family Pic

We decided to use a tour guide this time.  Nathan and I did a self guided tour last time we were here so I thought maybe we might have missed out on somethings.  Not to be rude but I think I would just stick with a self guided tour.  I felt like there was a lot of wasted time and because of it we didn't get to do a lot of things.  The one good thing that came with a guided tour was we got free rain ponchos which we needed a couple times that day!

Samoa:

Weaving a fish









Climbing a coconut tree


Aotearoa aka New Zealand

Spinning poi balls














Fiji:

Making music with the bamboo stick








Back to Samoa:

Trying to start a fire with two sticks







Alii Luau:

Eden was stoked to get a lei!


Luau
Everyone loved the Pina Colada in a pineapple!  Eden and I shared only she basically refused to share with me.  Every time I went to take a drink she would give me a nasty look and say in a high pitched voice "No!"  My mom says she's just like me when I was at that age.  Apparently I hated to share food too!













Laie Temple at night right before the Breath of Life show.

We weren't allowed to take any pictures or videos of the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment