Friday, May 6, 2022

Day 3 in Hawaii

Sunrise from our rental

All ready to go to the beach and snorkel












I got a waterproof phone case so I could take pictures underwater but for some reason it wouldn't take pictures (lighting maybe?).  I finally got this picture of Blakely after what felt like 50 attempts!  Good thing she is a good sport!

Videos (I thought) was working better but once I got around to checking them later that day I realized it wasn't recording most of the attempts I made.  Instead I had screen shots of my phone-so weird!  It seemed to only work if you started recording above the water and then brought it under???  Oh well!  At least I got pictures without getting sand on/in my phone.  That was a plus!






My mom might kill me for this...


I know she'll kill me if I show a different video of her so I'll just keep that to myself!  HAHA!

But it looks similar to the link below:
http://vm.tiktok.com/ZTd9mRw5f/











Eden either doesn't like sand castles and has to smush them or she just really likes to smush sand castles.  But to me she doesn't seem to like them!









 


After snorkeling we headed over to Waimea Botanical Garden.


This duck thing was a little scary!  It came up to me and started hissing at me.

Peacock showing off 























Waterfall!  
Last time Nathan and I came here we didn't know you could swim so we didn't end up swimming because we weren't prepared.

This time we came prepared!


Eden was not happy!  The water was freezing!!!
At one point I was holding her but she kept trying to climb up me so she wouldn't be touching the water!  She made it really difficult to swim with her.  Eventually she had such a strong hold that I let go of her and swam on my back with her on my tummy so I could use both hands to steer us to the shore.








Apparently one of my mom's dreams since she was a kid has always been to wash her hair in a waterfall like the movies!  Nathan went with her to make sure her dream came true!




Eden was thrilled to be out of the water!


These three probably would have stayed in all day if we would have let them.




Doing the KK!

Someone finally tuckered herself out!  I had to pull her out of her carrier because her head kept flopping around.  Nathan ended up carrying her the rest of the way back.












Cannon ball fruit
Apparently they stink really bad when they fall and split open.

No comments:

Post a Comment