Sunday, April 24, 2016

Alligator!!!

We saw our first alligator in the swamp behind our house.  So scary!!!  Easton was looking out our back window and asked, "Is that an alligator, mom?"  I basically brushed off his question and said, "No Easton, we don't have alligators in our backyard!"  He then replies, "No, seriously mom!  It looks like an alligator's tail.  Come look!"  I go over to the window and look just to appease him and sure enough it looks like it could be an alligator's tail!  We couldn't find the binoculars so Nathan suggests I grab my camera and zoom in and sure enough it's an alligator!!!!!!!  I tired getting a picture of the alligator from our back deck but I wanted an even closer picture so Nathan went over to the neighbor's house and snapped one.  I went over to the neighbors dock and when I was about to step on the dock I almost stepped on a snake!  So gross!  I ran into the house screaming that I would never go outside again!  I've decided that I don't mind Florida in the winter but I'm not a fan of when things start warming up and crazy animals start appearing!  So far we've seen our pet alligator twice.  Our neighbor informed us that he's seen two (probably a boy and a girl)...dun dun duuuun!





No comments:

Post a Comment