Thursday, July 17, 2014

Trip to the San Fran Zoo

We took a trip to the zoo for my birthday.  We had to celebrate a little later because Nathan was out of town taking his HUGE radiology test.  That is why he wasn't there for Dyer's birthday too!  I guess it all worked out because I was busy writing my talk and working on a Young Women lesson on my actual birthday to have any fun.  In fact we went out to eat for my birthday before Nathan left and I was Oscar the Crouch.  Sorry family!  I get way too stressed out for talks/lessons.  I'm not sure why because in the end it all turns out fine.  It probably didn't help that it was birthday season and I generally get stressed out around birthdays too because I want everything to be perfect.  Poor Dyer didn't get anything special for his cake topper but everyone told me that he was too young to care or remember.  I still felt bad even though he was super excited that he had a batman figure on top of his cake.

Anyways, we had a great time at the zoo (except for ruining Blakely's blanket-BOO!)  She loves that blanket so I might have to buy her a new one down the road once her blanket finally falls apart.  We ran over it with the stroller and it now has some holes.

It was so cold at the zoo!  I'm glad that Nathan checked the weather and told us to bring jackets.

Giraffes

Giraffe and Zebra

Easton compared to a Gorilla

Gorilla

Lunch break

Tiger 


Hippo
Blair was trying to move Dyer's face to look at the camera and it made him mad...

Classic

And then he was super cranky 


Blair and Nathan watching the hippo

Hippo

Dad with the kids

Peacock

My favorite peacock

My favorite butterfly even though she looks like she is in pain.
If anyone should have a look of pain on their face it should be Easton!


Cute Giraffes

 The kids finally got to play on the new playground.  It was under construction last time we went to the zoo.  It was a really cool playground.  Too bad the pictures don't do it justice.



Dyer playing in the sand pit.

Video of Easton swinging in the hammock.



Easton hitching a ride from the tortoise.



Silly picture

My favorite spider!

My favorite Blakely!

No comments:

Post a Comment