Thursday, August 29, 2013

Camas Day Parade

Grandpa and Grandma are part of a walking group.  Every year someone in their walking group (the same person) opens up their house for a potluck brunch before the parade starts.  Their house is right at the beginning of the parade so it is definitely an ideal spot for kids to get candy!  The kids had a blast and they definitely got way too much candy!

Eating before the parade starts.

Boy cousins (Aiden, Easton, Aaron, and Dyer) waiting for the parade to start!

Grandpa tickling Blair!

Video of the kids collecting candy:
I love how Dyer knows he isn't supposed to go into the street and is trying really hard to figure out how to get the candy without stepping into the street.

Video of Jana:
Bringing back OLD memories of when she was a cheerleader!


Video:  Notice his backpack!

For those of you who don't know Camas (my hometown) is known for the papermill.  In fact the high school mascot is the papermakers (or the mean machine).  It wouldn't truly be a Camas Parade if they didn't throw toilet paper out!

My sister,Jana, with the loot!

Good old Ronald McDonald.

This reminds me that my kids call McDonald's "Old McDonald's" and Chick fil-a "Chick Vallejo"!  I'm pretty sure after the city Vallejo, CA.  I think it is way to cute to correct them!

No comments:

Post a Comment