Thursday, August 17, 2017

Blair gets baptized!

Blair was so excited but so nervous at the same time.  Roger and William flew in just for Blair's baptism!  Valerie and William gave the talks on baptism and the Holy Ghost.  Nathan and Easton together played the guitar for the opening (I am a Child of God) and closing (Teach me to Walk in the Light) hymn.  I wish I would have got a video of Nathan and Easton practicing at home.  They sounded really good!  I'm really kicking myself that I didn't get even one picture of the decorations/food table.  We were so rushed that we barely got it put together before everyone showed up.  It was so cute though.  I did a rainbow theme based on the song "I like to look for rainbows"  We had rainbow cupcakes, rainbow fruit on kabobs, sugar cookies with rainbow sprinkles, mini donuts on a kabob stick in the shape of an 8, skittles, and punch.  I also had rainbow suckers but accidentally forgot them at home.  I had a white table cloth with tissue paper pom poms in each color of the rainbow decorated on top of the table.  I had the song "I like to look for rainbows" printed up and framed.  I had a "great to be 8" banner hanging from the table and pictures of Blair in her baptism dress framed as well.  The baptism turned out great!  It was definitely a very special day for a very special girl!






I wasn't quick enough to get a picture before Roger changed out of his suit.

Baptism flowers from Gma Gretch!


We got a family picture the day after for McKinley's baby blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment