Thursday, August 17, 2017

Happy 8th Birthday Blair!

Blair reminded us over and over again that this was her golden birthday so she got golden candles!  Not only was this birthday special because it was her golden birthday but it was also the year she turned 8 which means she got to be baptized!  Blair was so excited to get baptized!  This sweet girl almost didn't make it to her 8th birthday.  The night before she kept putting a marble in her mouth.  I told her not to do it but of course she doesn't listen to me.  I even said, "Do you want to live to see your 8th birthday?!?"  She just kind of chuckled and then ignored me.  Luckily for her she also ignored me about going to bed and was sitting on the floor in front of me as I was rocking McKinley to sleep.  The next thing I hear is her gasping for air.  Yep, she swallowed the marble and got it stuck in her throat!  I jumped up and yelled, "She's choking!" and then continuously slapped her back hoping to get the marble out!  Ya, that didn't work...Thankfully Nathan was there to give her the Heimlich!   
Chocolate chip pancakes were requested for breakfast.

The birthday girl wanted to go swimming for her birthday

All the kids in the pool!




McKinley wasn't too sure about the pool at first but eventually she warmed up to the idea of swimming and actually enjoyed kicking around.




Tired little one!

Cheesecake!

Tinker box from Gma Gretch

Body board from mom and dad

Monster high doll from gma whiting

$$$ from gpa and gma whiting and Valerie!

No comments:

Post a Comment