Tuesday, July 25, 2017

McKinley at 2 Months

I took all the older kids' pictures to update our wall.  I thought it would look nice to have the brick wall behind them.  I guess I didn't realize how hard it would be to take a picture of a 2 month old with the same background.  I had Nathan hold her up at first  but it wasn't the right angle.  Next I tried the Bumbo chair but she didn't like sitting in it and kept hitting her head on the brick wall behind her.  Then I tired lying her down on the fireplace brick but the bricks weren't lined up right and the lighting was horrible!  I was at a loss and it was frustrating!  A few days later I tried the Bumbo again but she was miserable outside in the heat so I tried inside again.  After many failed attempts I finally got one that I could live with.

McKinley still has the hiccups at least once a day!  I think it is crazy that she has had the hiccups for over 60 days in a row.  Luckily it doesn't stay for very long but it still happens every single day!

She still hates the car!  AHHHH!!!  She is such a good baby as long as she is not in the car!  Seriously what is it about the car that she hates?!?  It's funny because she doesn't mind the car seat as long as you are carrying her in it but the second you put it down, she cries.  When I go grocery shopping I have to wear her or else she cries the whole time.  I guess it works out okay since there really isn't a whole lot of room in the basket when her car seat is in there.


 We are finally getting some cute smiles from this little one!  

McKinley is by far the best kid at tummy time!  She tolerates it way better than any of my other kids!

She is getting up about once a night now to eat.  During the day she is still eating about every 2 hours.  We rarely go anywhere until this little girl has a full tummy!  We seem to have better luck in the car when she has just been fed.


At her 2 month Dr. Appointment she was 22.48 in and 10 lbs 9 oz.  She's in the 50% for both height and weight.  Her head is in the 20%.  So Dyer has been trying really hard to find something that he and McKinley have in common.  (Easton and McKinley both have butt chins and blue eyes.  McKinley is basically Blair's mini me.  Blakely and McKinley are girls....)  One day Dyer exclaims, "I know what McKinley and I have in common!  We both have really BIG heads!!!"  I didn't have the heart to tell him that he was in the 90% for his head where as McKinley is only in the 20%.  Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment