Thursday, March 13, 2014

Random

Playing catch up!  Lots of random things in this post!

For New Beginnings (church Young Women's) the theme we went with this year is Owls- Who are you?  I was put in charge of making owl cupcakes.  I've never used fondant before so I was a little nervous but with some helpful tips from my sister I came up with these.  It took me forever since I had to make 4 dozen of these but I'm glad that I was able to make them ahead of time. 



Daddy took two Valentine dates out this year!  I think this one was cuter though!  

Blair's nice shiner!  I'm still not sure that I have the whole story since every time she tells it I got more information.  As far as I know she was in the playroom and decided to put the little chair on top of the big chair and sit on it.  Because the chair wasn't balanced and her feet couldn't touch the ground she fell and hit the side of her face on the toy storage unit.  Her face looked a lot worse in person.

Blair's face was getting better but then she rammed it into the couch (she was aiming for the cushion but missed a got the hard part right below the cushion) about a week later (basically hitting the same place on her face) and got a new bruise.  I'm not certain but I think she may have broken a bone (maybe more?) or done something else because she has a nice indent anytime she smiles.  I think she might even have a permanent scar too!  This happened over a month ago.  Nathan says they probably won't do anything for her and they definitely don't want that much radiation on her especially if they won't do anything.

The kids got a whole week off of school in Feb. (President's day, furlough days, and local holiday).  All the kids minus Blair got sick with fevers and coughs.  It was definitely a relaxing holiday!  This is how Dyer was most afternoons.  I even took the kids to the park to get some fresh air and Dyer told me he was tired.  I told him to lay down in the wagon and the next thing I know he is fast asleep.
The week that Dyer was sick he came up to me and said, "There is something hot in my pants!"  I went to investigate and found out that he had diarrhea.  Poor little guy had no idea what was going on.  Except for the occasional accident here and there, Dyer's been potty trained for a few months now.  

A couple months ago whenever he had an accident (usually he just didn't get on the toilet fast enough-he holds it until the last sec.) and I would ask him why there was pee or poop on the floor he would say in his sweet little voice, "I just wanted to make it beautiful for you!"  REALLY!  Thanks Dude!  He started using this saying anytime he did something naughty like writing on the walls or dumping his drink.  Eventually it turned into ."I didn't want it to be beautiful!"   He is always coming up with funny/cute little sayings.    

One of Dyer's new words is Idiot!  I'm definitely not a fan of it and he knows it.  That is probably why he says it.  However, it is not uncommon for him to call you an idiot one minute and then the next you're a genius!

Dyer will only say the "closing prayer".  If you're ever over don't be surprised when dinner prayer, family prayer, personal prayer, etc.  is called "closing prayer".  How long do you think it will take him to figure that out?

I got Dyer some new shoes that he calls his "cute shoes" because Valerie calls them that.  I asked him the other day if he likes his cute shoes and he told me, "Valerie likes them!"  I said, "I know Valerie likes them but I'm asking if you like them.  He says, "Ummm....NO.........But Valerie does and I like Valerie."  Everything ALWAYS has to do with Valerie.


I really need to do a better job of writing down all the things Dyer says because not only are they usually cute/funny but there are many times where Valerie and I ask ourselves "where the heck did he get that from!"  He is so random sometimes!
  

Easton enjoyed playing computer games and watching TV a lot over his break.  This was towards the end of break when he was feeling a lot better.

Blakely taking a nice nap at the same time as Dyer.  That rarely if ever happens!

These three sure love each other.  I'm so glad they have each other!

The kids LOVE the "hot pool" at Valerie's!  They would be in there everyday if she would let them.


Celebrating Dr. Seuss's birthday and hanging out with Dad before he had to go to work (night call).  This was the last night call for this year (until June)!

Silly Boy!  He thought it was pretty funny until he locked himself in and couldn't get out!

Haha!  So serious!

I put Blakely in the laundry basket the other day while we were cleaning the playroom (too many things for her to put in her mouth) and surprisingly she liked it.  She was sitting up to begin with but eventually she slid down.



Bumbo chair.  
She used to like this thing but not so much now that she can sit up (for a while anyways) by herself.

1 comment:

  1. the owls turned out really cute...and the outfit blakely is wearing is super cute!

    ReplyDelete