Wednesday, December 6, 2017

My Mom's Wedding

A week after Nathan got his eye surgery I left with McKinley to Washington to attend my mom's wedding!  Her and Alan got married on Oct. 28th in the Portland temple.  It is so nice to see my mom so happy!  I got to come a few days early so that I could get some last minute mommy time!  We went shopping one day and then drove down to Wade's.  My brother just got selected to be the DA in Crook County so we went down there to see him sworn in.  While there I got to see where my mom will be living.  The wedding ceremony was nice and it was great to see family again.  I was so glad that I was able to be there but at the same time it made me sad that the rest of my immediate family couldn't be there too.   I feel like my kids miss out on a lot of extended family gatherings.  Not only on my side but Nathan's as well.  It's times like this where I wish we lived closer.

Bride and Groom

Bride and Groom with all the daughters

Bride and Groom with most of the kids (two sons missing).

Bride and Groom with only 1/2 the grandkids (11 grandkids missing).


Sisters!

 Sisters!
I also stopped in to see my dad and Sharon after the wedding.  I saw them at Wade's ceremony as well.  It was a short but very nice visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment