Saturday, May 17, 2014

Children's Museum and Egg Hunt

We were planning on going to the Oregon Zoo but it started raining (of course) as we were driving there so we decided to hit up the Children's Museum next door instead.  Dyer still wasn't feeling well so he was a stinker most of the time we were there.  Dyer and I (Blakely too) only saw about half the museum because he just cried/pouted and didn't want to do much of anything.  I think everyone else had fun.  Easton and Blair wanted to go back again so they must have had fun.  Thank goodness we went with family so Easton and Blair could enjoy themselves because it would have been a nightmare if we all had to endure Dyer.  Most of the boys went with Jana and the girls went with Jacqui.

Mr. Grumpy Pants

Look at Dyer...Imagine 2+ hours of this (with crying/whiny noises) and that was basically my entire trip to the Children's Museum. Sigh....

One with all the girls (except Jana)!
Me, Blakely, Jac, Mom, Blair, Adisyn, and Ashlyn
Adisyn and Blair
Of course I wasn't building anything right!?! (Thanks Jac for taking and sending me pictures).



Blakely and I.  
It got a little tiring watching Dyer complain about the thing he wanted to build but couldn't build but didn't want help building and didn't want to leave.  Ahhhh!  That boy!  We just finally tuned him out and played with the camera instead!

Finally I convinced him to move on to something less stressful....or so I thought...
Poor dude hurt himself and was back in a bad mood:

Playing with clay.





Back to this room for the third time!

Blair had fun scanning items.  Dyer on the other hand just sat there complaining that he was soooo hungry.  Thank goodness for Gma and getting him a snack!


Water room

Blair

Easton

Dyer
He finally seemed like he was having a good time here!  I should have just brought him into this room from the beginning but I just didn't want him to get all wet and be miserable the rest of the day.

Easter Egg Hunt:
My sister Jana put on her own egg hunt at the park just down the street from my mom's house.  She invited a bunch of her friends and asked that each kid bring 6-10 eggs each.  Each kid got to find as many eggs as they brought.  The hunt started out with okay weather, but half way through it started pouring and then hailing.  Crazy!  As soon as the hunt was over everyone jumped into their cars.  Right when I finished buckling the kids in, the rain stopped.  My sister's idea of doing her own hunt was so much better!  We didn't have to fight any crowds and each kid got eggs so everyone left happy!

I snapped a few pictures of the kids even though it was raining.  I got some rain drops on my camera lens so each pictures has a rain spot on it.  

Easton

Blair

Dyer


I forgot this little dude was funny.  He passed up several eggs along the way because he had to have specific colors.  They would have all been blue and green but after Blair found all the eggs she could get, she started picking up eggs for Dyer and putting them in his basket.  Such a great sister!  I'm actually surprised that he didn't throw a fit about her helping him.  He was complaining that he was cold and wet though : (

Blakely with Gma

No comments:

Post a Comment