Monday, April 8, 2013

Egg Hunt and April Fools


Right before the 2-3 year old egg hunt

I took the kids to an egg hunt on base.  They didn't have an egg hunt for Dyer's age so I just put him in with Blair's age group.  Blair and Dyer were afraid of the Easter Bunny so they were hesitant to go out and collect eggs when the hunt began.  Luckily the bunny started going to the other side of the field right after the hunt began so Blair was brave enough to go and get some and she made a killing too!  She was really smart.  Most kids work from the outside in (grabbing eggs as they come to them) which causes them to compete with each other.  Blair on the other hand raced to the center where no one was and had tons of eggs to herself.  


Dyer ended up with two eggs and that was because they were right next to where I was standing.  He wouldn't leave my side in fear the bunny might get him.  



Blair shared some of her eggs with Dyer and a friend that didn't make it there in time.  We tried giving some more away to another friend that only got one egg but her mom told me she would just share with her brother once he got some eggs.  Most of the eggs had candy in them but there were a good amount that had a paper in them to claim a prize.  Seriously I  think Blair had half the prizes in her eggs.  She got a bubble set, two squirt guns, a sand bucket, and a kitty key chain.    

Unfortunately I didn't get  a picture of Easton with his eggs.  That's probably a good thing since he was pretty upset after the hunt.  He ended up not getting any eggs.  He took it better than I thought he would have.  He didn't cry but I could tell he was holding back the tears.  Luckily, they had someone going around and gave eggs to those kids who didn't get any.  That cheered Easton up right away!  Easton definitely wasn't the only kid in that hunt that didn't get a single egg.  Looking at the amount of eggs they had on the field and the amount of kids in the hunt I would have been surprised if there would have been enough eggs for each kid to get even one.  I think they put way too many in the 2-3 year old hunt and didn't have enough for the 4-6 year old hunt.  If I would have known I probably would have saved some of Blair's eggs but after waiting over 30 minutes for Easton's hunt to start Blair and Dyer ate all the candy.  Oops!


Easter:
I totally forgot to take pictures of the kids on Easter!  I'm not entirely sure how that happened, but I didn't even think about it until later in the day.  I guess that is what happens when your pregnant and all on your own for church (Nathan had to work).  The kids looked cute all matching though.  Maybe I'll get a picture of them another Sunday.  I still haven't gotten a single picture of my baby belly yet and I'm 17 weeks!  I need to fix that!


  April Fools Day:




I played a little trick on Easton and Blair for April Fools Day.  I made them ostrich eggs (vanilla pudding and peaches) for breakfast.  I took videos of the kids but they are too long to post on the blog.  Easton wouldn't try it which wasn't a surprise since he doesn't like eggs but his expressions were pretty good!  He was totally grossed out just looking at it.  Blair was a little skeptical at first but eventually tried it and liked it!  Once I told Easton what the egg was made up of he wanted just the peaches.  Easton didn't like the fact that I "lied" to him.  He definitely gave me a lecture about lying.  We've been having problems with Easton and Blair telling the truth recently so I got an ear full of my own medicine.  On the plus side at least I know the kids are listening to what I'm saying even if they aren't putting it into practice.



No comments:

Post a Comment