Thursday, April 13, 2023

January 2023

KK had to make something with 3D shapes for kindergarten.


KK got sick and missed her first week of swim.

I was driving in the car and kept hearing a slurping sound from the back.  I asked Eden what she was doing but she wouldn't answer me.  I finally parked and looked back to find her licking snow off her boot!  Gross!



I swear every week that I have to drive the middle schoolers to school (carpool) it snows!  I put off grocery pick up for a couple days because the weather had been so bad and I don't like to drive more than I have to.  Well, it was getting pretty bare at our house so I decided I would grab groceries after dropping off the kids at school.  That was a huge mistake!  The roads were super icy and tons of people were getting into wrecks.  I figured if I drove super slow and stuck to main roads I would be fine.  Nope!
I was on my way home when the traffic light turned yellow.  I was pretty far away from the intersection so I decided to stop-probably a bad idea with icy roads? However,  I'm not sure it would have been smart or safe to go through the intersection either!  I think it would have been a lose/lose situation. The road slightly goes down hill at that intersection so when I put my brakes on, the antilock brakes come on and I start sliding super slow down the hill towards the intersection...I thought for sure I was going to go right into the intersection and hit a car crossing the intersection.  Luckily I stopped just a little bit in the intersection (not far enough that I blocked any cars from passing but it was close) but the car right behind me was not so lucky.  They tried to swerve from hitting me but ended up sliding right into the back/side of my car.  The damage didn't seem that bad but once I finally got my car back from the shop it ended up costing about $4,000!!! Crazy!

 



I keep trying to get Dyer's laugh on camera because it is super contagious and it is only a matter of time before he goes through puberty and probably looses his laugh.  It's not the best laugh but I'm going to get trying...


Someone thinks they don't need to take naps anymore...however I still find her every once in a while curled up taking a nap!


Blair got to go to a choir training class for a day.  Only a certain amount of kids from each choir class was invited to go.  A bunch of schools from around the area went to Burly for the day to learn and then perform that evening.









Blakely and KK's llama room.
We ended up buying their bed because we ran out of time.  Bunk bed with trundle underneath.

Reading nook


Panorama view

Other side of the room.
I still need to make a trip to Ikea to get either buckets or shelves.



No comments:

Post a Comment