Sunday, May 23, 2021

Broken ankle

Nathan sure knows how to make his last year in his 30's exciting...

Most Saturdays Nathan and the four oldest kids go over to the park to play ultimate frisbee with some friends from our ward.  Nathan just happened to get a new frisbee for his birthday three days before and was excited to try it out.  He got to the park a little late because he was on call at the hospital.  Less than an hour later some of the kids come home (about 30 min earlier than they normally do) but I didn't think much of it.  After about 5 minutes of them being home I ask where Nathan and Blair are.  I think it was Dyer that answered, "Oh, he got hurt but I think someone is bringing him home."  WHAT?!?  Why didn't anyone bother to tell me when they got home?  As I'm about to go out the door to go get them Blair walks through the door and Nathan is right behind her.

Nathan sits down and says that he needs me to drive him to the ER to hopefully get crutches.  He says he doesn't think it is broken but he definitely can't walk on it.  After a few hours in the ER it turned out that he did in fact break his ankle.  A few days later he found out that he needed to get surgery.  It was a pretty crazy few weeks!






He was super excited when his knee scooter finally came!  He hated using the crutches.




Chillin at the park while the kids play.

No comments:

Post a Comment