Sunday, December 23, 2018

First Day of School- Aug. 13th

Not only was it the first day of school for the kids, but Nathan's mom left early that morning and then Nathan left for his deployment that afternoon.  Yeah, I felt like everyone ditched me!  It was nice though that Nathan was able to see the kids off for their first day of school. 

Easton-6th grade (middle school) at STEMM
He has to wear a uniform

Blair-4th grade 

Dyer-2nd grade

group pic

This wasn't Blakely's first day of school but she still wanted her picture taken!

Blakely-preschool
She has to wear a uniform too!

McKinley home all alone!

3rd day of school!


In all honesty though I think this was probably the best day that Nathan could have left.  Don't get me wrong I would have preferred that he didn't go but because he HAD to, I was glad that it happened the way it did.  The kids were distracted/excited that school was starting back up and since it was the first day of school/first week of sports, a whole new schedule was already starting for everyone.  Yes, I had to figure everything out myself from the beginning, but I didn't have to start a routine and then reconfigure everything out a while later.  Everything happened at once and we were so busy from the get go that it has helped with my sanity.  Plus, with a lot of PRAYERS everything went rather smoothly.  I was truly blessed with the way our schedule fit perfectly.  I wasn't sure how everything was going to work out but for the most part it did!  I had four kids at three different schools.  I had to drive Easton to and from his bus stop which is about 2 miles away from my house every school day and drive Blakely to and from preschool three times a week.  I had four kids playing sports (the boys flag football and the girls soccer), three kids playing instruments (lessons once a week), and two kids in church activities (Easton scouts once a week and Blair activity days every other week).  That's a lot for one person to juggle!

Once games started this was generally our weekly schedule after the kids got dismissed from school:

- Monday: boys football games.  If we were lucky they played one right after the other.  If not then we would have to stick around for a game between their games.
-Tuesday: Easton football practice from 5:30-6:30 (sometimes 7:00) and Blair soccer practice from 6:00-7:00.  It worked out nicely because their practice fields were down the street from each other- like two blocks. 
-Wednesday: Scouts for Easton every week and Blair activity days every other week.  Luckily they were usually at the same time and same place!
-Thursday: Easton guitar at 3 before Blair and Dyer got home from school.  Practice for the boys at 5:30-6:30/7:00.  Both of them were at the same field!  Practice for the girls from 6:00-7:00.  Both girls were at the same complex but at different fields!  Sometimes this day would get tricky if the boys went until 7 but I was never more than 10 minutes late picking them up-which I think only happened twice!
-Friday: Blair piano at 4:15 and Dyer drums at 5:30.
-Saturday: Soccer games for the girls.


It's also a blessing that I have just enough time to get Blair and Dyer on the bus about 5 minutes before I have to leave to bring Blakely to preschool.  Also, I have just enough time to grab Easton from the bus stop at 2:10ish every preschool day before I have to grab Blakely from preschool at 2:30.  Everything just seems to fit just perfectly!  So blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment