Monday, December 24, 2018

Blair soccer

Blair's team did really well this year.  They won almost every game of the season.  I think they tied one game in regular season and lost one game in tournament.  That game was a heart breaker for sure!  It just wasn't their day.  The other team played really well but they definitely had a lot of luck on their side-that or we had a lot of bad luck on our side.  They ended up 3rd in tournament since that game knocked them out of the finals.  Honestly I think that game should have been the finals because that team was the only team in the league that actually gave us a challenge!

Even though Blair had a winning season I think she personally had a rough year.  She had a lot of really good players (that were also really good friends) on her team and because of this they didn't pass her the ball very much.  It was sad to see that she was wide open and girls on her team would purposely go out of their way to not pass to her so they could pass to their friends.






Assist for Blair!

Blair mainly played defense this year but every once in a while she would move up to midfield.  


Blair played goalie for one game and she did awesome!  At first I couldn't find her anywhere.  I noticed that she wasn't on the bench but I didn't see her on the field either.  Eventually I saw that Blair was in the goal!  Even though she ended up doing awesome I really don't like my kids playing goalie.  It makes me a nervous wreck and it's hard to enjoy the game.

I think Blair had 5 saves and no goals were scored against her!



Blair ended up scoring one goal this year and of course it was the one game I couldn't be there for.  They rescheduled the last two tournament games due to weather and it just so happened that her very last game was on the same day/time as Blakely's preschool thanksgiving dinner/program.  I still owe her ice cream for her goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment