Wednesday, October 25, 2023

KK turns 6!

We decided on doing a Fancy Nancy themed birthday party!  It was definitely a fun one to plan.

Definitely need work on balloon arches but it turned out alright.

You can't have a Fancy Nancy party without all the fun dress up attire!

We ended up having 11 little girls (KK included) at the party!  At first I was a little worried not many girls would show up because of the long weekend (I think it was a 4 day weekend).  We did it on a Thursday night which also worried me that not many would show up but they all did (except 2-one of which got sick that morning otherwise she would have been there).

Fancy cupcakes! 
I had fun making these but some of the heels kept coming off so if there is a next time, I'll need to figure out a different way of attaching them.

I started setting up for KK's party while she was at school.  The day before her party I only had maybe 5 people RSVP.  Starting a 5am the day of the party the RSVPs started rolling in...I even had someone RSVP an hour before her party!  CRAZY!  It's a good thing that I planned as if everyone was coming because I would have been in trouble if I had to scramble at the last second. 

We served crepes but I'm not sure I would do that again with a bunch of 5/6 year olds.  I'm not sure many of them knew what crepes were or how to eat them...oops!  We also had eclairs, cream puffs, and cute heart shaped macarons.

Blair and her friend, Oliva, were kind enough to paint all the little girls nails.





Opening gifts! 
 It was a mad house trying to keep up with KK so I gave up a quarter of the way in.





I should have got a picture of all the girls lined up in their fancy clothes but totally didn't get around to it.

KK's party was the day before her actual birthday.

KK insisted she wanted an ice cream cake so I attempted to make her one.  It actually looked really good the night before and I should have took a picture of it before I went to bed.  I made the mistake of putting canned whipped topping on it and then freezing it.  The whipped topping ended up dissolving/melting which caused the oreos on top to fall over.  I never in a million years would have thought that could happen.  It looked really sad and I was really sad when I opened the freezer to take it out.  If there is ever a next time, I'll need to remember to wait and decorate the top right before serving.  Luckily I was able to somewhat fix it though!











 The next day she went over the Grandma Gretch's house for a cousin sleepover!  She definitely had a wonderful birthday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment