Sunday, February 11, 2018

Dyer finally learns to ride his bike!

Honestly I think I should have Nathan write this post because he would have a better perspective on this than I would.  Dyer is probably our most stubborn kid!  He easily could have been up and riding over 6 months ago but he fell off his bike and refused to get back on it.  He always had an excuse why he couldn't go out and learn with Nathan.  Finally Nathan bribed him with Bippy's (frozen yogurt) if he rode around the circle twice (one time around the circle is about 1/2 mile).  The first half of the first lap was a nightmare.  Dyer kept arguing with Nathan about everything.  First it was that he couldn't ride, then it was that he didn't need any help from Nathan because he could do it himself.  Then Nathan wasn't holding Dyer the correct way.  And then Nathan was holding him too much or not enough...I'm sure you get the drift that Nathan couldn't do anything right!  I went outside about 20 minutes after they left hoping to get Dyer on film riding his bike but after about 40 minutes I was getting nervous that something bad happened.  I started walking the opposite direction and eventually ran into them.  I got a little glimpse of what Nathan had to deal with with Dyer for the last 40 minutes.  I don't know how Nathan kept his cool but he deserves a metal for enduring that!



Starting out


End of first lap




Now that Dyer is riding a big boy bike, Blakely was finally able to ride Dyer's old bike with training wheels.


I didn't want Blair to feel left out so I took a video of her too!

No comments:

Post a Comment