Sunday, February 16, 2014

Dyer Starts Gymnastics

Dyer is now doing gymnastics with Blair.  Technically you can't start gymnastics until you are three but I just found out that if you take private or semi private classes it doesn't matter what age you are as long as you are walking.  Dyer has so much energy and needs something to do.  Plus I think he feels a little left out that his brother and sister always get to do something and he doesn't.  I signed them up for a semi private class together.  I thought it would be great since I got to pick the instructor and it would only be the two of them, but the first two weeks were rough!  Dyer just ran around and away from his teacher and Blair (little mommy) ran after him to try and get him to listen.  When I say ran after him it was more like tackling him to the ground and yelling at him.  It was just a nice little game of tag for Dyer.  The third week went a ton better after I had Dyer sit out for about ten minutes and Blair got some one on one.  Dyer finally went back and did exactly what his teacher asked him to do!  It was amazing.  Now I understand why they wait until kids are three!  I should have taped Blair taking Dyer out several times for memory sake but unfortunately I didn't.

Video: First day of class.  Supposed to be warming up by doing frog jumps but Dyer decided to be a dog instead.  I cut the video short as soon as Dyer started to run off but you can imagine what happened next : )


Video of Dyer:
Nice attempt for his first try!

Video:
Such a tease!  It is just one big game for him!


Video: Blair walking backwards on the beam.


Video: Dyer on the beam.  I think the beam and jumping into the foam pit (not off the trampoline) are his favorites!

Sorry some of these videos are really shaky.  I had Blakely attached to me and she wouldn't stop kicking her feet.
Video: Blair working on kicks on the beam.

Video: Blair working on jumps on the beam.  I'm pretty sure this was her first time doing it!

Video: Dyer on the Trampoline.

Video: Blair on the trampoline.

Video: Dyer's 2nd attempt on the trampoline.  This is his preferred way!
 

Video of Blair:

No comments:

Post a Comment